Last Modified: January 27, 2020 | Previous Version: May 2018
If you have questions or queries about the services provided by Convertr, please contact us.
All your personal Information shall be used in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act (DPA), EU's General Data Protection Regulations ("GDPR") and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). For the purposes of GDPR, the controller of the Information you submit is Convertr Media Limited.
If you want to know what information we collect and hold about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registered address: Convertr Media Limited, The Broadgate Tower, Third Floor, 20 Primrose Street, London EC2A 2RS.
Data Protection Officer: Data Compliant Limited, Michelle Evans, email email@example.com, 25-26 Nethergate Street, Clare, Suffolk, CO10 8NP, UK.
ICO Registration Number: Convertr is registered with the ICO as a data controller, registration number: Z3557518.
Legal Reasons for Processing
We promise that we shall only use your data in the way you wish, and we shall always respect your privacy. We process your data under the following legal grounds:
- To fulfil a Contract we have with you as a client, supplier or employee
- When it is our legal duty, such as tax authorities
- When it is in our legitimate interest, such as responding to queries from you about our products or services
- When you provide consent
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to process your information and it will always be fair and in your best interests. When we process under legitimate interest we will conduct a legitimate interest assessment.
Convertr is ISO 27001 Certified and registered with the ICO as a data controller, registration number: Z3557518.
We begin collecting information about you upon initial registration and store this information on our Secure Server to process your requests. The Secure Server encrypts all of your personal information, to ensure that the information you give us is protected against unauthorised access.
Whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission is at your own risk, and we cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Please keep your Convertr password safe and do not share it with others. If you forget your password please contact us and we will provide a secure ‘Password Reset' link to the email address you provided during registration.
Links to Other Websites:
Transfer Of Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area. European data protection laws include specific rules on transferring personal information. When transferring personal information outside the EEA, we will include the standard data protection clauses into our contracts where applicable.
What We Collect About You
We process the personal data of clients, prospects, enquirers, partners, suppliers and workers. We may collect, store and use the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registration or requesting further services and products.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfilment of orders
- Information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Details of your visits to our Website and the pages and resources that you access.
- Details of your interactions with marketing communications, such as email opens and clicks.
- Any other information you choose to provide to us, including business cards.
- Information you choose to give us when making an application to work for us.
The data you provide to us includes:
- Job Title
- Billing address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- How you heard about us
- Business challenges
- Technology platforms being used
- Information relating to customer surveys
- Work experience and interview notes when you apply to work for us
- CCTV images of workers and visitors to the Convertr office
- Any other personal information that you choose to send us
We also collect information about you via openly available public sources such as LinkedIn, company websites or public registers and from other sources, including demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
Please let us know if the personal data we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
We use and store cookies to automate certain functions of the Website and to provide you with information about your account. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your computer and used to identify you including your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration.
Use Of Your Information
The information we collect about you is used to keep you updated on the status of our service and products.
- To automate certain functions on our Website.
- To ensure content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information, Products or services that are appropriate to you.
- To notify you about changes to our services and Products and to update your Information.
- For our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our Website design to better meet our visitors' needs.
- For internal administration and record keeping.
Disclosing Your Information To Third Parties
Convertr does not sell personal data. However, we may also disclose your Information to third parties.
- In order to verify your details and enrich your data.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- To pass your Information to our affiliates or certain suppliers/sub-contractors to supply goods, services or information requested by you.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of Convertr, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may provide other companies, such as advertisers (for the purpose of serving advertisements), suppliers, potential suppliers and potential customers of Convertr and its affiliates with details about our services, but we will not provide them with any information which can be used to identify you.
We may also use or permit selected third parties to use your Information to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you in accordance with any permissions granted by you when registering or ordering Products on our Website.
You have the right to request us not to pass information to third parties, please request this before submitting your consent by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We store personal information for as long as is necessary:
- Cookies collected during website visits will remain stored for 1 year after initial storage
- Personal data submitted to Convertr will remain stored for 1 year after the last contact between you and Convertr
- Employee data will be held for the recommended statutory periods of up to 6 years
- Financial information will be stored for the statutory periods of up to 6 years
- CCTV footage will be routinely erased on a monthly basis unless it is needed for legal reasons
Personal information will be destroyed via secure methods when it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected.
Your personal data matters to us and you have the following rights:
- Right to object to processing based on legitimate interest or direct marketing (including profiling)
- Right to be informed – about what and how we collect your data
- Right of access – you have the right to know that we are processing your information and what we are processing. We will respond within 1 month
- Right to rectification – you have the right to have any incomplete data completed or any inaccurate personal data corrected
- Right to erasure (to be forgotten) – you have the right to ask us to erase personal data where there is no valid reason for us to keep it
- Right to restrict processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict processing of your information in certain circumstances
- Right to make a complaint to the data protection regulator
If you wish to exercise rights 1 to 7 listed above, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you wish to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority please contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK's independent body set up to uphold your rights to data privacy. The ICO can be contacted at:
The Office of the Information Commissioner,
Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Tel: +44 (0) 01625 545 745. Website: www.ico.org.uk
Changes to this Policy
Convertr reserves the right to make changes to this policy. We recommend that you review this policy frequently to see if there are any changes.